Fly High Cheer and Tumble have compiled a staff rich in experience, diversity, and versatility so that its athletes will receive the best instruction possible. Fly High’s staff is also available for one-on-one instruction; don’t hesitate to contact the gym at FlyHighCheerandTumble.com or 302-535-8250 for more details.
Position: Owner, Coach
As a military spouse who has lived in many places in the United States and internationally, coach Andrea has volunteered, coached, and directed various cheerleading programs for over 20 years.
Many families local to Dover, Delaware, may already know Andrea from her volunteer work within local organizations/programs.
In February 2019, Andrea and her husband, David, opened Fly High Cheer and Tumble, L.L.C. The business is a family blend of unmatched coaching experience steeped in the values of integrity, service, and excellence, which the owners embrace after living and learning alongside Air Force families for over 20 years.
While fielding various levels of competitive all-star cheer teams in Fly High’s inaugural competition season, Andrea has a passionate goal to help area schools throughout Delaware and the tri-state area grow to have more robust, competitive programs by:
- stressing the importance of safety in the sport of cheerleading;
- learning proper techniques;
- learning the adequate progression (no advancement without completing all skills within each respective skill level); and
- teaching the fundamentals of cheer, stunting, and tumbling.
Andrea’s coaching experience and credentials
- Coached throughout the U.S. and Europe for 23 years.
- Coached recreation, middle and high school, college, competitive and all-star teams.
- 2016-2018 coached Team Italy for the 2018 International Worlds.
- International Cheer Union, Levels 1-6 (advanced and premier)
- U.S.A.S.F. (the U.S. All-Star Federation), Levels 1-7 (stunting and tumbling)
- N.F.S.H.S.A. (The National Federation of State High School Association)
- A.A.C.C.A. (The American Association of Cheerleading Coaches and Administrators)
- USA CHEER credentialed / Professional member
- AED, C.P.R., and First Aid
- Safesport trained
- Safe@AllStar Certified
- Darkness to Light certified
- U.S.A.S.F., Regional Advisory Board, Northeast (2019-2020)
Position: Administrative Assistant
Kati Gott – Cheer Program Director and Coach
Position: Cheer Coach
I first fell in love with cheerleading as a child in New York. I started my journey as a cheerleading coach nine years ago, and I have enjoyed it. When I am not coaching, I work as a Software Engineer in North Wilmington or spend quality time with my daughters.
- Roosevelt High School Varsity
- Kips Bay Recreational Cheer
- Capital Cheer Elite – Head Coach Junior 1, Assistant Coach Senior 2
- Appo Jags Youth Cheer – Head Coach Mini 1, Junior 2, and Senior 2
- Thomas C Giordano Middle School – Student/Jr. Coach Middle School Cheer team
- U.S.A.S.F. Credentialed levels 1-2 (Stunting, Tumbling)
- Greenlight Background Check 2020
- Concussion Certified
- Safe@AllStar Certified
Ariah Smith – Junior Coach
Morgan Grant – Junior Coach
Alexa Dickerson – Junior Coach
Makayla Scott – Junior Coach
Dr. Joseph C. Vincent – Flyer Flexibility / Movement Coach
Dr. Joseph C. Vincent is a National Board Certified Chiropractor licensed to practice in the State of Delaware. He is also a member of the American Chiropractic Association and the Delaware Chiropractic Society.
Dr. Vincent received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from the University of Bridgeport College of Chiropractic, graduating Cum Laude. He completed his undergraduate studies at Waynesburg University, graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Biology Pre-Med.
Before opening Absolute Health, Dr. Vincent was associated with the Health Sciences Clinic in Bridgeport and also had the pleasure of working alongside Dr. John Cianciolo, a Chiropractic Physician in New Haven, CT.
“As a former collegiate baseball MVP, I know the value of a healthy lifestyle. I utilize only the safest and most effective means of restoring my patient’s health. By doing so, they can enjoy the benefits of a more active life. Treatment can take on many forms. As your doctor, I will seek to learn the root cause of your problem and the safest and most effective approach to your care. With my education and practical experience, I will do everything possible to get your health back on track.”
Dr. Vincent resides in Camden with his wife, Danielle, their son, Enzo, and their daughter, Livia.
Matt Freese – Director, Strength and Conditioning Program
Matt has been part of the fitness community for over 20 years as a personal trainer, competitor, gym member, and CrossFit trainer. Matt has been a Crossfit Level 1 Trainer for ten years. He has had his training certificate for 18 years and is enthusiastic about working with children and adults. Coach Matt uses his career as an elementary school teacher to get the youth excited about getting fit. Having two children of his own, he knows how to relate to and motivate young athletes in a fun and challenging way.
- B.A. in Elementary Education
- M. Ed in Elementary Education specializing in Special Education
- Personal Training certificate from A.A.P.T.
- Level 1 Crossfit trainer
- Crossfit Kids Certified
- U.S.A.S.F. Greenlight Background checked
- Safe@AllStar certified
- Concussion Certified
- C.P.R. Certified